Wednesday, February 20, 2013

You Can't Miss This: Bold typography posters and icon re-design for OzHarvest

A. This week on my blog, Blog Spoon Graphics, I took a look at Chris Spooner's typography poster designs. I have been really into typography lately but seeing as I am using it for a Vox cover idea, I am looking for all and any inspiration I can find. I like when I can find some really detailed typography designs using fonts rather than illustrations. Sometimes I get so inspired to try sketching some designs, but it turns out looking like a scribble or a left-handed drawing of mine. I have resorted to making the most out of fonts and weights as possible while I design. As I begin to focus more on my details throughout my design, these will be helpful. The spacing and weights are all very appealing and I hope to perfect those skills of mine soon.





B. To all the ICON lovers in class: this one's for you. I came across DEXIGNER.com and saw a really cool brand design using so many icons throughout their ads and marketing designs. The designs I saw were all apart of the redesign project for OzHarvest, a food rescue charity. OzHarvest's logo changes to an illustration using all icons, which I have seen in a few of my classmates designs. The icons reappear in many other branding designs for OzHarvest. Here is the gist of the redesign:

"Long time collaborators Vince Frost and Droga5's David "Nobby" Nobay, set their teams together to create a new identity which would visualise the charity's new brand strategy, developed following a series of brand workshops conducted by Droga5. Synthesised as "nourishing our country," the rebrand aims to support the growth of the organisation, helping OzHarvest to create new opportunities to communicate and expand their vital services."


Here are a few examples of their designs:




1 comment:

  1. Lovin the Oz Harvest logo, obviously I'm all about the icons so I think it's awesome! As far as using it for branding, I think it's cool because it's unique and easily recognizable. However, it's a pretty complex design and especially in the yellow smily face advertisement, I feel like it disrupts the simplicity and flow of the advertisement. But over all I really like it!

    ReplyDelete