Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Response: Meredith Prototypes Tuesday Takeaways

Yesterday in Advanced Design lecture, we began critiquing our Meredith magazine prototypes. For many of us it was the first time we have started completely from scratch and thought up an entirely new magazine. I am in the group for Stir, a magazine geared towards entertaining and hosting. Immediately, I wanted am image on the cover that was going to appeal to someone close to my age, and appealing to someone who is an entertainer. The most difficult part of it all, for me, was keeping a general theme throughout. In the past I have worked on many different types of projects, so I have experienced drastic idea changes in between. For the prototypes we will pitch for Meredith, I need to remember to tie in a general theme throughout my cover, feature and department spreads. I wanted Stir to be a bold and upbeat publication. Our audience is young and ready to entertain. This magazine should do nothing but inspire them to improve their changing lifestyles. Here's what I had for Tuesday, but many changes will be made by Monday. A lot of my feedback was about details throughout like spacing, type faces, etc. The suggestions from Erica, Jan, Andrea and classmates will teach me to be more detailed oriented in my future designs.





I am glad I got feedback from the class and will be ready to put those ideas into my next design.

No comments:

Post a Comment