Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Response: Meredith Project and 10/5

I am in the "Stir/Steep/Host/Grown" (title subject to change) group for the Meredith publication project, and after receiving the mission statement and possible story ideas, I am so excited to get started. One article that seems very entertaining was about youngsters like us trying to mature and upgrade our liquor selection. I think this can be really successful and it really offers a variety of design ideas. I think the article is timely and relevant for our target audience. I am still trying to re-vamp the title, but "Stir" and "Host" are my favorites so far. The only magazines I subscribe to are usually fashion or fitness/beauty publications, so looking through different food and entertaining magazines was interesting and very eye-opening. I am really pleased that our target audience for Stir is young adults. Not only can I relate on a personal level, but I can also think what would my friends or myself think about this magazine design.

Also, I wanted to respond to our next five 10/5 ads we saw in class. I've already critiqued my own in a different post, but I wanted to say how great everyones turned out. There was a lot of diversity in all of the ads. Can't wait to see the finish products. This was what the class picked as their favorite of mine:

No comments:

Post a Comment