Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Critique: Spring Preview Cover and Feature

Our second design contest was for the Spring Preview issue. I was pretty please with my cover, but felt like some revisions are necessary. For starters, in my feature I wish I would have included photographs. That would have definitely pleased the readers' eyes more than just a load of text to read. I liked how my gradient backgrounds turned out. That was my biggest challenge for my design.

I also squeezed every event into this spread, and in my revision I probably wouldn't have. That would've made more room for headlines and visuals. I struggled with what fonts to use at first. I thought "spring" would be nice to have a fun, girly font but I resorted to a bolder type. I mixed a few different elements. My butterfly icon and the musical notes and film strips weren't very cohesive. In a revision I think I would pick one theme and stick with it. I loved the originality I saw in the designs today. It was fun to have freedom with our designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment