Tuesday, April 23, 2013

You Can't Miss This: Instragram FX by Photoshop and illustrated magazine covers

A. This week, the blog I follow is celebrating six years of being on the web. On the blog there were mostly just highlighted archives from years past, so I found one that caught my eye. Chris Spooner posted a tutorial on how to do our favorite Instagram photo effects on Photoshop. I'm sure after playing around in the filter gallery we could eventually figure out a similar effect, but this is a quick guide on how to get them quickly. Here are some of the examples of photos that have been adjusted in photoshop but look like they've been on Instagram.
 



B. Going through our online portfolios today made me realize how many of us designers enjoy doing illustration work. I thought these magazine covers would be fun to talk about because they strictly feature illustrations and created images instead of photography or typography (like I've blogged about before). These were pretty great. Some were a lot more abstract than others, but I thought it showed the diversity that's allowed when publications decide to use illustrations or icons.






No comments:

Post a Comment