Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Response: Mini Portfolios

I recently started working on my mini portfolio for interviews and the job hunting process. I struggled with deciding what size to use and how many clips to run. I just tried to narrow it down to a few covers, features, departments, and my strongest work from my mag design course and ads from my internship with Inside Columbia.

Next I thought about color scheme. It was nice that I could focus on what color did the best job of branding myself. I went with a trendy mint green color. It's one of my favorites right now and it complimented a lot of designs that I included. I think going through previous students' portfolios helped see what layouts were successful. I liked having a divider page for each different category of design samples. Here is what I have started with. It is subject to change, and please give feedback. It's still in the works...



There is obviously more clips besides these, but this is a glimpse of what i have so far. Let me know feedback, please and thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment