Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Response: Meredith Presentations

Like I said in my critique, we had to show the publishers the first drafts of our Debut design Monday. I think once we straightened out many editorial concerns we are on the right track. I am ready to begin some more designs for our final prototype. The biggest challenge for us so far seems to be keeping things consistent throughout. With a team of many designers that can be difficult at times, but luckily we have a style guide to follow.

Finding photos has also been a struggle considering our stories like "take 5" and our decorating stories need pretty specific artwork. Today we got an email about leaving for Des Moines on the 10th at 4:45am. Woof. That really puts things in perspective and reality is setting in that pretty soon the finished product will be printed and (hopefully) designed just how we want it. Next week I will post some photos of the next couple of stories I am designing. (We just got the copy yesterday.) All of the publishers final copy will be done in the next couple of days so that will allow us to finish up everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment