Tuesday, May 7, 2013

You Can't Miss This: Art & Design Inspiration Fix and Conceptual Cover Designs

A. This week on the blog I follow, blog.spoongraphics, Spooner gives one more gallery of "design inspiration." He takes a variety of different illustrations, typography designs and conceptual designs to show what types of different design techniques can create a great design. My personal favorite was this one because my next step in life will be in New York City. I loved this design because of the brightness and after taking a closer look, it was an illustration that uses only a variety of geometrical shapes to create it. I think the use of transparency in some of the buildings was a nice touch too. It almost gives the idea of light shining on the skyscrapers.




B. I have struggled a little bit trying to come up with a conceptual idea for the Drunkorexia cover, so I thought for one my last posts I would display some photos of examples of magazine covers that used very conceptual ideas. Some were much more far fetched than others, but they all portrayed the message of the coordinating feature. Here were some of the examples of very conceptual designs.




No comments:

Post a Comment