Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Response: My last blog post for class

I never ever thought I would see this day. This is the last time I will blog for my advanced design course. The weekly posts were very appealing to me at the beginning of the semester, but I realized how much it helped me look at dozens of different design techniques, tutorials, trends, and styles. I have come across some websites that I now frequently follow, whether it be for Illustrator or Photoshop tutorials or just new design trends. It was also nice for us to be able to share our posts as well...I got feedback on some of my critiques and I also got to experience new websites that my classmates found. Even though it FLEW by, I realized today, after finishing my portfolio, just how far I have come. I began the "journey" for magazine design my junior year, and am so happy about the choice I made. Yes there were times I wanted to scream at all of the assignments due in the same week, but I now have a complete portfolio thanks to this class. I also have seen improvements. I came in the class without paying very close attention to small details. I now realize small details can play a huge role in any design...whether it be a spacing issue, photo choice, etc.

I am very thankful for this capstone because not only did I get hands on experience and design clips, but I also was exposed to a lot more work than any other course could offer. I am ready to pursue this field and see what my internship can teach me more about the art of magazine design.

No comments:

Post a Comment