Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Critique: 3.28 Design

Last week was round one of the Burger covers for the 3/28 issue. I had a lot of fun with this one. Once I read the hed option "Breaking down burgers" I came up with the idea to literally break down a burger and illustrate what you see. Here I came up with the idea to create typography with actual condiments (ketchup and mustard). It started off a little bit plain so I am going to add more detail and content to my revised designs for Thursday. Here was step one of the typography. I wrote the hed on a paper towel so the background could easily be deleted. I think I may go about this a different way for Thursday.


I will also have a catchier hed and dek for Thursday too. I think my concept has great potential but I will need to capture some detail for the final design. If you have any suggestions let me know!


Here are some other designs I started with. One was a photo concept (this was from google, I would have the photographer shoot a photo including the restaurant's burgers). The last design is a typography technique with an illustration.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Olivia. I thought your burger cover featuring real ketchup and mustard was fun and creative. It's a nice way of adding real texture to a design to give it some depth and a more intricate feel.

    I definitely think expanding on this cover idea could be very cool.

    ReplyDelete